Are you between the ages of 17-25? Have you graduated from high school but not started a career or college yet?
Gap U could be right for you! This is a FREE program that prepares high school graduates for the job field or post-secondary education. Let us help you bridge the gap between what you already know...and the practical application needed to be a successful adult! To get started, fill out an application!
To provide an intentional year-long gap between high school graduation and post-secondary education or full-time employment for at-risk students who have difficulty relating learning to future education or career aspirations.
- Provide support and skills needed for graduates to be successfully employed and/or enrolled in college
- Enable students to become self-sufficient long-term
- Raise level of professionalism and excellence for students
Businesses - How to get involved
Did you know that you can offer a great service to our community? When you train a Gap U intern, you help young adults bridge the gap between high school graduation and starting a career.
Here's how it works:
- NO COST TO YOU: Hiring a Gap U student does not cost your business a penny (the Omaha Street School will pay an hourly wage directly to the student).
- TRANSPORTATION PROVIDED BY OSS: Transportation is provided by the Omaha Street School (through Uber or Lyft) so that students arrive at your business on time.
- GIVE FEEDBACK ON INTERNS. We ask that businesses train and mentor these interns and report to Omaha Street School on their progress.
- Would your business like to be a part of this Intern Partnership? If so...please contact Lance Griffin at [email protected]
Why Gap U is Important
Few at-risk high school graduates have the resources or support needed to navigate the college enrollment process and then stay enrolled while working part-time. Even fewer students are able to invest in a specific skill set to make them "job-ready."
Gap U is a transitional program that prepares high school graduates for the job field or post-secondary education. Gap U bridges the gap between what a high school graduate has learned and the practical application needed to be a successful adult.
Gap U Director
Lance T. Griffin
Click here to fill out GAP U application.